Friday 3 July 2020

Flowerboy

In today's post, I wanted to share a project I'm really proud of. This photoshoot was one of the final pieces. of work I did for my first year of uni in my Design and Visual Communications module. Working in magazines and photoshoots is something I've taken an interest in since I started taking outfit shots for my Instagram and now that I've had a go at creating a concept and photoshoot, it's definitely an area I could imagine myself working in.

 

In this photoshoot, I really wanted to show my personality and to show that femininity in boys is nothing to be ashamed of. I've naturally been more feminine for as long as I can remember and I wasn't always proud of it, but in recent years I've really embraced it, (mostly because I had no other choice) which has been hugely liberating. I like to think that this photoshoot is a visual demonstration of that and looking at the results,  it actually makes me glad that I'm not the average masculine man because my life has become so much more fun! In many ways, I feel bad for some guys my age because they are often pressured into acting, speaking, and generally behaving in a certain way that isn't reflective of who they really are. I want this photoshoot to be one of many steps taken to normalize femininity in men and thankfully it isn't the only one!

On social media we see a lot more boys wearing makeup and pushing the boundaries of menswear and womenswear. For example, we see celebrities such as Ezra Miller and Harry Styles wearing stereotypically feminine clothes and have been a huge impact on the world of men's fashion and limitations it previously had.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig